Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Combating Mold in Buildings
Course Code: EI0306WA22
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course will prepare participants to become environmentally responsible in mold prevention and mold remediation in commercial and public buildings. This course will detail mold inspection, assessment, and sampling methods. The course will also cover testing procedures and legal requirements.
- Biological and Microbiological Contaminants Found Indoors
- Health Effects of Mold
- The Law of Mold and Who Watches Us
- Mold Inspection and the Modern Home(owner)
- Introduction to the Building Science System
- Effectiveness of IAQ Air Duct Cleaning (Mold)
- Structural Drying and Clean Up after a Flood
- Designing and Monitoring Microbiological Remediation Projects
- The mold Remediator and Crew (It’s a team effort)
- Post-abatement Assessment Sampling and Results
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is concerned with mold prevention and remediation in commercial or public buildings can benefit from attending this course. Past participants have included:
- Building and Grounds Supervisors
- Building Management Specialists
- Certified Educational Facilities Managers
- Certified Floodplain Managers
- Construction Officials
- Custodial Services Directors
- Environmental Health and Safety Directors
- Environmental Scientists
- Facilities Directors and Managers
- Home Inspectors
- HVAC Personnel
- Indoor Air Quality Professionals
- Industrial Hygienists
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Mold Professionals
- Plant Maintenance Directors
- Property Managers
- Public Works Directors
- Registered Environmental Health Specialists (REHS)
Meet Your Instructor
James Tucker, MBA, CMH, CPM & CPI
James Tucker is a Certified Mold Hygienist with a background in construction management, commercial construction, and inspection. In addition to professional experience as a construction inspector, construction manager, construction and building analyst, construction safety manager, and weatherization technician, James has earned an MBA from Ashworth University, a BA in Biology/Health Science from Thomas Edison University, and numerous professional certifications related to mold and indoor air quality.
“Very comprehensive from how to spot mold, remediate, and post-remediation.”
– Past Participant
“For me, the overall format and content of this course was on point and I would not change a thing. The class moved along at a nice steady pace with continuing topic information shared. New information was shared regarding this topic that I was unaware of.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Providing real life examples. Presenter made the course very interesting.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Combating Mold in Buildings was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Educational Facilities Managers (CEFM): 6 Contact Hours – CE-00328
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Professional Engineers: 6 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NJ Real Estate Appraisers: 6 Credit Hours – Code No. 2021-3350000
NY Professional Engineers: 6 PDHs
American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI): Combating Mold in Buildings is approved for 6 hours of ASHI® Continuing Education Credits.
Certified Floodplain Managers: 6 CECs
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date. On June 13, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class at 8:00AM (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30AM.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.