Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Sustainable Beekeeping
Course Code: AE0405WB22
Format: Live, instructor-led webinar
Registration Fee: TBD per person
Multi Course Discount Fee: TBD per person (Save when you register for this course and Bee-ginner’s Beekeeping! Discount is also offered to those who have taken Bee-ginner’s Beekeeping in the past.)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the US, beekeepers lose 30% – 40% of their hives each year.
This webinar will discuss ways to maintain your beehives in a more sustainable way, minimizing losses through management, using local bee stocks (your own or a local beekeeper), and creating resource hives.
Who Should Attend?
All beekeepers who are interested in learning how incorporate sustainability into their hive management practices can benefit from attending this webinar.
Meet Your Instructor
Mike Haberland, Rutgers Cooperative Extension
Mike Haberland is an associate professor and County Environmental Agent with Rutgers University Cooperative Extension. He uses applied research and collaborates with organizations to develop programs that assist in the creation, promotion, and education, of innovative environmental, sustainable community, and natural resource management practices. Mike uses beekeeping and the creation of native pollinator habitat for research and as a way to educate the public on the importance of pollinators.
“As a newcomer, it was good to hear someone explain in more detail and in real time, [rather] than a person on YouTube explaining the subject. Also the live questions helped as well!”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “[Learning] How to maintain the hives through winter and spring.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Clear discussion about problems a beekeeper is likely to encounter.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
There are no continuing education credits offered for this course.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is not necessary (all students will be muted on entry; you can use the “chat function” to type your questions and interact with the instructor)
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $15 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Sustainable Beekeeping, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Pamela Springard-Mayer
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.