Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Septic System Inspections in New Jersey
Course Code: EW0204WB22
Date of Most Recent Offering: May 24 & 25, 2022
Time: TBD am – TBD pm EDT (Log-in time: TBD am EDT)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $TBD per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For many homeowners, septic systems are out-of-sight and out-of-mind, but YOU as a professional must convey to them how critical these systems are to their health and safety. In this course, you will learn the steps and procedures to properly inspect and report on septic systems in New Jersey. The course has been designed to identify the steps of the inspection sequence, as well as to provide information on related science and research on the function of individual system components.
Developed using NJDEP’s septic protocol for system inspections, specific topics will include:
- The pros/cons and applicability of various test methods;
- Alternative technology systems; and
- Report writing essentials and tips.
Join course coordinator Wayne Ingram, PE, PLS, PP and other knowledgeable/experienced professionals from the onsite wastewater industry for this valuable course.
Who Should Attend?
This course provides an in-depth introduction to the subject of septic system inspections and can also serve as a great refresher if you are re-entering the field. Past participants have included:
- Department of Public Works Superintendents
- Environmental Planners
- Environmental Scientists
- Excavation Company Owners
- Health Inspectors
- Home Inspectors
- Project Managers
- Registered Environmental Health Specialists (REHS)
- Septic Company Owners
- Septic Installers
- Wastewater Operators
Meet Your Instructor
Wayne Ingram, PE, PLS, PP
Wayne J. Ingram is Project Consultant, Civil/Site, for French & Parrello Associates (FPA) with more than eleven years of experience in civil site engineering and planning. Mr. Ingram has extensive professional engineering experience, including expert testimony, in site plan engineering, including conceptual site planning, traffic circulation design, sanitary sewer systems, storm water management facilities, wetlands/stream encroachment delineation and permitting, septic system design and local and state approvals. His professional experience also includes design of vapor mitigation systems, alternative wastewater system design, and preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans. Mr. Ingram has developed, designed, prepared and provided expert testimony on all aspects of site development plans, including existing facility expansions, site modifications, and the new construction of various commercial and residential facilities.
Most useful aspect of the course: “Question/answer sessions. Speakers were clear and well prepared.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned] What is expected from Health Departments in this process, which will be used the next time we have a septic tank removal.”
– Past Participant
“Very in-depth information about different circumstances found during inspection.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Septic System Inspections in New Jersey was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 8 Technical Contact Hours
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this course will be awarded 8.0 CEs.
NJ Professional Engineers: 8 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NJ Wastewater Operators ONLY: 8 TCHs (Approval# 01-122001-20)
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date and on May 23, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class 15 minutes before start time (8:15 am) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30 am.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Septic System Inspections in New Jersey, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.