Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Lunch and Learn Series
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: The Art of Listening
Course Code: BC0141WA24
Date of Most Recent Offering: February 1, 2024
Date: February 1, 2024 UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Time: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST (Log in at 12:50 pm) UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Location: Online UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Format: Live, instructor-led UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Registration Fee: $55 per person UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Registration Closes: January 30, 2024 UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
More than 135 documented studies indicate that listening is a top skill needed for your personal and business success. Yet, less than 2% of the American population has had any formal education regarding the art of listening. In the Rutgers OCPE Lunch and Learn Series The Art of Listening online course, popular instructor John Eric Jacobsen will teach you skills that you can immediately implement to improve your listening skills.
In just one hour, he will discuss:
- How to prevent your mind from wandering and develop laser-sharp focus when someone is speaking
- How to improve your memory and recall during a conversation or meeting
- Listening strategies, such as precision questions, paraphrasing, and silence
- Understanding the power of “The Steeple.”
Genuine listening is a skill that can be easily developed so don’t let your lack of listening skills hold you back. Register today!
Meet Your Instructor
John Eric Jacobsen
John Eric Jacobsen is recognized as one of America’s preeminent, leading authorities in the area of soft-skills training. He has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 1,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US. As a keynote speaker, corporate trainer, and seminar leader, he addresses thousands of people each year on topics such as Leadership, Surviving Change, Workplace Negativity, Customer Service, Stress Management, Emotional Control, and Communication Mastery.
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of this course was approved for 0.1 Rutgers CEUs.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive a link to access the course by 4:00 pm EST on January 30, 2024.
On February 1, 2024, please log into class at 12:50 pm (10 minutes before the start time). The course will start promptly at 1:00 pm EST.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop or desktop computer or a tablet or smartphone that can support Zoom
- Cameras are not required, but are recommended for class participation and engagement
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary but highly recommended; a call in option is also available
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
There are no refunds for this program. If you are unable to attend, you may send another person to attend in your place with no penalty.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about The Art of Listening, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.