Sip, sip, hooray! We are on cloud wine as a result of all of the positive press our Grape and Wine Science Certificate Program has received! To learn more about this unique educational experience for aspiring winemakers, as well as our amazing students and instructors, check out the articles below.
News and Press for the Grape and Wine Science Certificate Program
- Continuing the Legacy of Home Winemaking – Edible Jersey, September 2022 (includes a profile of Sandy Moscaritolo, who attended the 2022 Rutgers Grape and Wine Science Certificate Program)
- Rutgers Launches New Grape & Wine Certificate Program – NJ Wine Business Monthly, June 2022
- Rutgers Professor Seeking Wine Workers – New Jersey Monthly, June 2022 (featuring Faculty Coordinator Beverly Tepper, Ph.D.)
- This new Rutgers wine program will teach you the basics of running a vineyard – mycentraljersey.com, June 2022
- How Viticulture Programs Drive Success for Emerging Wine Regions – SevenFifty Daily, April 2023
- Meet the Women Changing the New Jersey Wine Industry – Edible Jersey, September 2023
- Food Science Professor Among the Women Changing the New Jersey Wine Industry – sebsnjaesnews.rutgers.edu, October 2023
About the Grape and Wine Science Certificate Program
The Rutgers Grape and Wine Science Certificate Program provides foundational knowledge in three major areas of grape and wine science – grape growing, wine making, and business operations – following the path of grapes from the field to the winery to the glass. Students who complete this program gain marketable skills in a wide range of topics related to viticulture, enology, microbiology, sensory science, sales, business development, and more.
The Grape and Wine Science Certificate program features four weeks of classroom instruction, complemented by hands-on workshops. Then, students will complete a four-week paid winery internship where they can put their new knowledge and skills into practice.
Applications are now being accepted for the summer 2023 program. Program participants must be at least 21 years old. Strong candidates will have completed at least one college course in basic biology or one in basic chemistry. Those with current or recent work experience in the vineyard/winery industry are also encouraged to apply.
Apply now for the Grape and Wine Science Certificate Program!
Contact Suzanne Hills at 848-932-7234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.