How to Check Your TCH Balance
NJ Licensed Operators can check their TCH balance using the NJDEP Data Miner.
- Visit the DEP DataMiner website.
- In the Search Options panel, click on the blue “Search by Category” button.
- In the Report Category dropdown menu, select “Licenses (UST, Water, Wastewater, Well Drillers).”
- Click the green “Submit” button.
- Choose the “Training Contact Hour Balances (Water-Wastewater Licenses)” report on the results page.
- Enter your license number and click the green “Submit” button.
Helpful Links for Licensed Operators
- NJDEP Water & Wastewater System Operator Licensing Website
Includes information on exams, TCHs, and more
- NJDEP Water Supply & Wastewater Treatment System Operators FAQs (PDF)
Includes answers to frequently asked questions about operator licenses, applications, exams, and continuing education/TCHs
- NJDEP List of Additional Providers of License Examination Training Courses (PDF)
NOTE: Please be aware that the courses on this list are the required courses for those who want to sit for the New Jersey drinking water and/or wastewater operator licensing exams. If you are just looking for TCHs, please browse our list of approved courses.
Request a TCH Transcript from Rutgers
Transcripts are $10.00 and checks should be made payable to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Once we receive the check, we will place your transcript in the mail for you.
*Please keep in mind that the NJAES Office of Continuing Professional Education only maintains a record of the courses you have taken with this office. If you have taken courses through another organization, you will need to contact that organization to request a TCH transcript from them.
Ready to get started? Download the Rutgers TCH Transcript Request Form (PDF)
Questions? Contact Us