Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Seasonal Planting for Honey Bees
Course Code: AE0407WA21
Format: Live, instructor-led webinar
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Course Discount Fee: TBD
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seasonal planting for honey bees is essential to their lives, especially during some key times during the year. Bees will need an abundance of food when coming out of the winter doldrums and in the fall as they are attempting to gather pollen and nectar for their winter reserves. This webinar will address planting for these particular times of year to best support your local bee populations. Ultimately, your goal is to improve the seasonal variety of beneficial plants, beginning with early spring, through summer, and ending in the fall.
After attending, you will be able to:
- Understand the bees’ needs;
- Evaluate and understand your particular landscape;
- Identify preferred indigenous plant species; and
- Know how to take advantage of public open spaces for seasonal plantings.
Who Should Attend?
All beekeepers and gardeners who are interested in learning how to support bee populations through seasonal plantings can benefit from attending this webinar.
Meet Your Instructor
Z. John Zingis, Jr., Apiarist
Mr. Zingis has been a professional environmental consultant since 1983, with vast experience in soils and vegetation. He’s designed planting schemes using indigenous plant with a focus on beneficial pollinator plant species. Mr. Zingis has been a beekeeper for 5 years and designed his personal gardens for pollinators with a focus on selecting plant species that will be in bloom throughout the year.
Most useful aspect of the course: “[Learning] Names of specific pollinator plants [that are] good for bees.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “[Learning] What type of environment to create for the bees, including water and native plants.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Hearing about bee behavior! I wasn’t expecting that and was pleasantly surprised.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
There are no continuing education credits offered for this course.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is not necessary (all students will be muted on entry; you can use the “chat function” to type your questions and interact with the instructor)
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $15 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Seasonal Planting for Honey Bees, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Pamela Springard-Mayer
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.