Join Our Email List to Be Notified About Upcoming Home Gardeners School Events
The 2022 Home Gardeners School was a virtual event held in February. We are currently planning the next offering. Please join our email list to be notified when registration opens!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Home Gardeners School
Course Code: AH0201WA22
Registration Fee: TBD
Early Bird Discount Fee: $TBD (expires TBD)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
About Home Gardeners School
Whether you are a Master Gardener or don’t yet know the digging end of a trowel, Rutgers Home Gardeners School has something for you! Each Home Gardeners School event is made up of multiple workshop sessions covering a wide array of horticulture topics and experience levels. This format allows you to select the workshops that are most relevant to your gardening interests and create your own customized schedule for a fun day of learning. The workshops are designed to inspire and prepare you for the growing season ahead.
For 2022, the workshop topics included soil building and composting, vegetable garden planning and design, butterfly gardening, fruit for the small garden, community gardening, beneficial native plants, mushroom cultivation, pruning, and much more. Rounding out the day was a keynote address from Author, Editor, Radio/TV Host Mike McGrath, Garden Jeopardy! with Steve Kristoph, and interactive discussion sessions with other participants.
The Science Behind Gardening – 2 Minute Video
Home Gardeners School Instructors
Rutgers Home Gardeners School instructors include professionals in the horticultural, ecological and landscape design industry, faculty from Rutgers Cooperative Extension, and expert home gardeners with unique experience and skill sets. Their instruction will provide you with valuable tips that come from decades of academic studies, scientific research, and hands-on failures and successes in their own gardens.
Want to hear more about the experiences of Home Gardeners School participants? Check out this article – Growing and Learning in the Garden!
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date. On June 13, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class at 8:00AM (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30AM.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Home Gardeners School, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.