Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Variable Frequency Drives
Course Code: EO0706CA24
Date: March 19, 2024
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm
Location: Ralph Geiger Turfgrass Education Center, 20 Indyk-Engel Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08902 (Directions & Map to Building)
Parking is ONLY available in the gravel lot behind the Office of Continuing Professional Education’s building (close to Ryders Lane). Map to parking lot: https://goo.gl/maps/KXA9A8RVFmKZUEz79
Registration Fee: $290 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $265 per person (2 or more registrants)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $145 per person ( Must hold a T-W-VSWS License)
Registration Closes: March 12, 2024 at 3:30 pm
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This electrical training course will introduce you to variable frequency drives (VFDs) and the reasons for their application in controlling the rotational speed of motors and other electrical equipment. While most control circuits used in industrial or commercial applications still use mechanical operating systems, the application of VFDs is increasing as a way to reduce power consumption and other operating costs.
- VFD Theory, Operation, and Applications
- New Installations
- Startup/Feedback Controls
- Control Status, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting
- Maintaining/Servicing VFDs
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to improve their understanding of how VFDs work and learn best practices for monitoring and maintenance. Past participants have included:
- Field Service Technicians
- Lines and Meters Superintendents
- Mechanical Engineers
- Operations Managers
- Plant Managers
- Remediation Construction Managers
- Sewer Supervisors and Equipment Operators
- Water and Wastewater Operators
Meet Your Instructor
Joe Longo, Longo Electrical Mechanical Inc.
Mr. Longo is a Mechanical Engineer with more than 30 years of hands-on business operating experience. He is the Owner and CEO of Longo Electrical Mechanical Inc., and he has received many waste industry equipment patents.
Most useful aspect of the course: “The level of detail and experience of the instructor.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Discussion on how motors are built and how they function electrically. In other courses on VFDs, most information is focused on what they are driving. It helps a lot to really get into how the motors work and how the drives function in relation to them.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned] How to decide if a VFD will make sense to install or keep operating without one.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Variable Frequency Drives course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-090008-30)
NJ Electrical Contractors: 6 Continuing Education Hours
PA Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 Recertification Hours
Course Requirements and Policies
No breakfast will be provided. Lunch will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.