Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Shop Repairs for Small Engines
Course Code: AL0260CB23
Date of Most Recent Offering: January 26, 2023
Time: TBD am – TBD pm (Check-in time: TBD am)
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $TBD per person (expires TBD)
Registration closes: TBD
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course with hands-on activities
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this one-day, hands-on class, instructor Joe Clark will discuss how to handle some basic shop repairs for small engines. He’ll teach you how to debug common problems, and then have you rotate in groups to different “bugged” engines where you’ll try to diagnose and repair them.
Choose from one of the two sessions – January 25 OR January 26. Class size is limited so register now!
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning how to handle small engine repairs in the machine shop. Past participants have included:
- Automotive Techs
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Facilities Supervisors
- High School Auto Teachers
- Landscape Business Owners
Meet Your Instructor
Joe Clark, Rutgers University
Joe Clark is the Research Farm Supervisor for the Horticultural Research Farm II at Rutgers. He manages the operations of the farm, including research schedules, irrigation, and equipment. In addition to earning a BS in Environmental Planning, Landscape Industries from Rutgers University, Joe has also received technical training from Toro Factory Service School, Toro Grounds Master School, Bernhard Reel Grinding Seminars, Kohler Small Engine Service School, and Briggs & Stratton Small Engine Service.
After taking this course: “I will be able to check and diagnose what problems a small engine could have and fix [them].”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Learning about all the different types of strokes.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “The breakdown and reassembly of the motors.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Shop Repairs for Small Engines was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 6.5 Technical Contact Hours (Course #16406)
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-011606-30)
No breakfast will be provided. Box lunches will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link will be provided in your course registration confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Shop Repairs for Small Engines, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.