Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Basic Chainsaw Safety
Course Code: AL0261CA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: September 23, 2022
Time: TBD am – TBD pm (Check in time: TBD am)
Location: Holly House, 130 Log Cabin Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08816 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course with live outdoor demonstration
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $TBD per person (expires TBD)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are few tools more dangerous than a chainsaw—and yet, so many people don’t know how to stay safe while using one. In this half-day class, Licensed Tree Expert Steve Chisholm will go over the basic safety procedures every chainsaw operator should know, from appropriate clothing and safety gear to proper cutting techniques. Then you’ll go outside and watch a live demonstration of the correct way to cut up pieces of a tree.
There’s limited seating for this class so sign up today!
Who Should Attend
Anyone who uses a chainsaw can benefit from reviewing the safety protocols covered in this course in order to avoid accidents and injuries. Past participants have included:
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Environmental Specialists
- Horticulture Technicians
- Mosquito Inspectors
- Parks and Grounds Maintenance Professionals
- Tree Maintenance Professionals
- Water and Sewer Repairers
Meet Your Instructors
Steve Chisholm, Aspen Tree Expert Co.
Steve Chisholm is the President of Aspen Tree Expert Co., Inc., a New Jersey Licensed Tree Expert, and ISA Certified Arborist. He is ready to share his top-rated wealth of knowledge and years of arboriculture experience with you in this course.
Bio coming soon!
Most useful part of the course: “General info about the chainsaw itself that I never knew, like how many safety devices there are.”
– Past Participant
“The safety guidelines, photos, and demonstration were very helpful.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned] How important the stance is while cutting. I will definitely use that in the future.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Basic Chainsaw Safety was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): Pending
NJ Licensed Tree Experts (LTE/LTCO): 3 CEUs
NJ Urban and Community Forestry (NJUCF): 3 CEUs
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA): Certified Arborist: 2.75; BCMA – Practice: 2.75
No meals will be provided at this course.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
All students attending classes in person are required to comply with these rules to gain entry to class:
- Provide proof of full vaccination* or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (test performed within 72 hours of the event)
- Present valid photo ID with name matching vaccination card or negative test result
- Wear face masks indoors in all indoor spaces (includes both classrooms and public spaces like restrooms, hallways, elevators, stairwells, etc.). Masks may be temporarily removed while eating or drinking indoors.
To ensure adequate time for an immune response to occur, a person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after completion of a two-dose mRNA series (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
If you are not feeling well or have any COVID symptoms, please protect yourself and others by staying home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Basic Chainsaw Safety, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.