Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Flood Hazard Area Control Act Rules: Technical Standards Part I
Course Code: EN0406WA21
Date: August 11 & 12, 2020
Time: 10:00 am – 1:30 pm EDT (Log-in time: 9:30 am)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is part of the Flood Hazard Area Certificate Program.
- Standards for Work within Regulated Waters
- Water quality, channel stability, and erosion issues
- Protecting fishery resources
- Low-flow aquatic passages and timing restrictions
- Bank stabilization methods
- Threatened and Endangered Species
- General standards
- NJDEP mapping resources and T&E review
- Preventing Offsite Flooding Impacts
- Flood Storage Displacement
- Utility Lines
Who Should Attend?
This program is recommended for professionals who prepare and/or review flood hazard area applications. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Protection Specialists
- Land Surveyors
- Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP)
- Project Managers
Meet Your Instructors
NJDEP instructors, including Vince Mazzei, PE, the author of the Flood Hazard Area Control Act Rules, will discuss the flood hazard area program in detail.
Most useful aspect of the course: “Access to knowledgeable professionals; case studies with examples of how the NJDEP thinks about such situations.”
– Past Participant
“I found this to be a great guide to navigating the rules/regulations based on the proposed activity.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Vince Mazzei: “Vince’s real-life examples brought his topic areas to life.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Flood Hazard Area Control Act Rules: Technical Standards Part I was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 3 Technical; 3 Government Contact Hours
NJ Continuing Legal Education: 6.0 CLEs
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-011603-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 3 Regulatory, 3 Technical CECs
NJ Professional Engineers: 6 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
Certified Floodplain Managers: 6 CECs
Course Requirements and Policies
This course is offered online within the Canvas learning management system.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Computer or tablet (phones are not recommended for optimal viewing and interaction)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Flood Hazard Area Control Act Rules: Technical Standards Part I, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.