Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Geology, Hydrogeology, and Chemistry
Course Code: EW0106CA23
Date: November 30, 2022
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Check-in time: 8:00 am)
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course
Registration Fee: $295 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $275 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: November 29, 2022
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is designed for the non-scientist and will provide students with a basic understanding of geology, hydrogeology, and environmental chemistry. The fundamental principles will be presented in terminology that makes it easy to understand…even if your only background is high school chemistry. You will also learn how to use this information when evaluating environmental conditions at your site or property.
- Geological discussions will cover earth processes, rock and mineral identification, sediments, soils, and man-made fill materials.
- Hydrogeology discussions will cover the water cycle, groundwater flow/movement, well construction methods, and groundwater supply development and protection.
- Chemistry discussions will cover natural groundwater chemistry, common pollutants, the migration of contaminants through soil and groundwater, sampling techniques, analytical methods, and the interpretation of laboratory data.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for those who:
- Develop, review, or use hydrogeologic reports
- Purchase environmental services
- Make decisions regarding environmental policies
This seminar will also provide valuable information for real estate professionals involved in property appraisals or transactions.
Past participants have included:
- Environmental Quality Scientists
- Environmental Permitting Managers
- Environmental Technicians
- Industrial Hygienists
- Laboratory Managers
- Operations Supervisors
- Project Managers
- Registered Environmental Health Specialists (REHS)
- Site Remediation Managers
- Technical Advisors
- Treatment Plant Operators
- Water Superintendents
Meet Your Instructor
Daniel Nachman is a Vice President with TRC Environmental Corporation in Millburn, NJ. He is responsible for the technical and regulatory aspects of investigative and remedial projects, and serves as an expert witness for environmental litigation. Before joining TRC, he spent 17 years with Geraghty and Miller where he directed a wide range of groundwater supply and contamination investigations. Mr. Nachman received his M.S. in Geology from Oregon State University in 1977.
“This course gives the whole picture for groundwater and groundwater contamination.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Discussing the different treatments available for groundwater contaminants.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Daniel Nachman: “Dan was an amazing teacher. He explained everything really well and seemed passionate.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Geology, Hydrogeology, and Chemistry course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 6 Technical Contact Hours
NJ Continuing Legal Education: 6.0 CLEs
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-080201-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 6 Technical (Course No. 2021-162)
NJ Professional Engineers: 6 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NJ Well Drillers and Pump Installers: 6 Technical CEPs
NY Professional Engineers: 6 PDHs
This course is eligible toward PDHs for Pennsylvania Professional Geologists.
No breakfast will be provided. Box lunches will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
All students attending classes in person are required to comply with these rules to gain entry to class:
- Provide proof of full vaccination* or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (test performed within 72 hours of the event)
- Present valid photo ID with name matching vaccination card or negative test result
- Wear face masks indoors in all indoor spaces (includes both classrooms and public spaces like restrooms, hallways, elevators, stairwells, etc.). Masks may be temporarily removed while eating or drinking indoors.
To ensure adequate time for an immune response to occur, a person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after completion of a two-dose mRNA series (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
If you are not feeling well or have any COVID symptoms, please protect yourself and others by staying home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link will be provided in your course registration confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $60 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.