Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Mold Evaluation
Course Code: EI0307WA23
Date: April 19, 2023
Time: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm EDT (Log in at 8:15 am EDT)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $295 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $275 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: April 17, 2023
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course provides an overview of recognition of mold, sources of mold, personal protection for those testing for mold, potential health risks, testing and analysis methods, building visual interior inspections, non-invasive moisture testing, prevention, and mold remediation techniques.
|8:30 – 9:00am||What is Mold?|
Definitions and Types
Health Risk Overview
How Mold Spreads
|9:00 – 9:30am||Recognizing Mold Growth|
|9:30 –10:30am||Health Risks|
Effects on Adults
Effects on Children
Case Studies and Breakout Rooms
|10:30 – 10:45am||Break|
|10:45 – 11:30am||Testing and Sampling|
State Regulation Overview
|11:30am – 12:30pm||Mold in Commercial/School Facilities|
Sources of Moisture
Mold Prevention in Schools
Floors and Carpets
|12:30 – 12:45pm||Break|
|12:45 – 1:45pm||Mold Remediation|
Recognize and Remediate Yourself
|1:45 – 2:00pm||Q&A and Discussion|
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who may benefit from enrolling in this course include:
- Building Contractors
- Building Inspectors
- Commercial and School Building Managers
- Insurance Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals
- School Administrators
Meet Your Instructor
Gary Schwartz, CIH, CSP, CMC
As President of PHASE Associates for 20+ years, Gary has over 35 years of experience in safety and health training and education, mold investigations, bio-remediation plan development, Indoor Air Quality, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, and ergonomics in both the private and public sectors across all industries. Gary is a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), and Certified Microbial Consultant (CMC). He is licensed by the State of New Jersey as a Radon Measurement Specialist. He has presented several topics on mold investigations and taught training classes right here at Rutgers OCPE for many years.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Mold Evaluation course is approved for 0.5 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Educational Facilities Managers (CEFM): Pending
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): Pending
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 5.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). (Course No. 20709)
NJ Professional Engineers: 5 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NJ Real Estate Appraisers: Pending
NY Professional Engineers: 5 PDHs
American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI): Pending
Certified Floodplain Managers: 5 CECs
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is not necessary (all students will be muted on entry; you can use the “chat function” to type your questions and interact with the instructor)
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.