Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Landscape Lighting: Design and LED Technology
Course Code: AL0506CA23
Date: March 14 & 15, 2023
Time for Day 1: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm (Check-in time: 8:30 am)
Time for Day 2: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course with hands-on activities
Registration Fee: $430 per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $395 per person (expires March 7, 2023)
Registration Closes: March 13, 2023
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
This class is part of the Landscape Management II Certificate Program.
Landscape lighting is a fantastic opportunity to expand your services and value to existing customers. However, working with electricity requires an entirely new skill set and vocabulary. That is what you will learn in this 1½-day class, which covers key electrical topics such as amps, ohms, and volts, as well as design and installation of wired and wireless systems.
Dave Beausoleil of Cast Lighting, Inc. will show you the basics of lighting installation with hands-on exercises, where every participant will have the opportunity to work with the tools of the trade. Dave will discuss both design and business strategies. Take the first step toward adding a lucrative skill to your business!
Course Video Preview
Learn more about what you can expect to learn in this course by watching this short video.
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to how to design and install landscape lighting systems. Past participants have included:
- Grounds Supervisors
- Landscape Architects
- Landscape Company Owners
- Landscape Contractors
- Landscape Designers
- Lighting Designers
Meet Your Instructor
Dave Beausoleil, Cast Lighting, Inc.
A passionate and motivating teacher, Dave Beausoleil is also a savvy businessman. Seeing firsthand the problems with landscape lighting products, Dave engineered, designed, and manufactured a complete line of lighting fixtures and accessories through the company he founded, CAST Lighting. He has years of experience working “hands-on” with landscape contractors and lighting design professionals. Through his work with Rutgers and his own private seminars, David has trained thousands of contractors and helped them launch successful outdoor lighting businesses.
“Learned many tips and tricks of the trade that can only come from long experience.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Dave Beausoleil: “Very intelligent and accomplished professional, easy to listen to and learn from.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Dave Beausoleil: “Thorough knowledge of course. He answered all questions. Gave many hints and tips on installation.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Landscape Lighting: Design and LED Technology course is approved for the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): Pending
No breakfast will be provided. Box lunches will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
All students attending classes in person are required to comply with these rules to gain entry to class:
- Provide proof of full vaccination* or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (test performed within 72 hours of the event)
- Present valid photo ID with name matching vaccination card or negative test result
- Wear face masks indoors in all indoor spaces (includes both classrooms and public spaces like restrooms, hallways, elevators, stairwells, etc.). Masks may be temporarily removed while eating or drinking indoors.
To ensure adequate time for an immune response to occur, a person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after completion of a two-dose mRNA series (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
If you are not feeling well or have any COVID symptoms, please protect yourself and others by staying home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link will be provided in your course registration confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Landscape Lighting: Design and LED Technology, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.