Jump to: Register | Course Details | Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Policies | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Advanced Wastewater Collection Systems
Course Code: EO0901WA24
Date: February 20 – May 20, 2024 (Tuesday evenings)
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST/EDT
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $795 per person
Registration Closes: February 16, 2024 at 3:00 pm EST
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
If you’re planning to sit for a Level 2 or higher New Jersey “C” wastewater collection system license exam, you are required to complete and pass a 45-hour Advanced Wastewater Collection Systems course. This class has been designed to meet the NJDEP requirement and help you prepare for success on your wastewater license exam.
In this course, you’ll learn the theory, science, and practical applications of the most critical wastewater operations. Preparation for wastewater licensing exams will be a primary focus, and you’ll have the opportunity to take a practice exam and discuss the results in class. If you’re planning to take a C3 or C4 exam, this class can also serve as a great refresher!
- NJDEP Rules and Regulations Governing Wastewater Collection Systems
- Hydraulics and Flow Measurement
- Inspection Techniques for New and Existing Sewers
- Math and Calculation Reviews Relating to Wastewater Operations
- Sewer Cleaning, Repair, and Replacement
- Grease and Odor Control
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone preparing for a Level 2 or higher New Jersey “C” wastewater licensing exam, including:
- Licensed Wastewater Operators
- Maintenance Mechanics
- Pump Station Operators
- Public Works Superintendents
- Sewer Maintenance Workers and Foremen
- Supervisors of Water/Sewer Departments
Meet Your Instructors
Robert M. Genetelli, Northwest Bergen County Utilities Authority
With more than 30 years of experience, Robert Genetelli has vast knowledge in environmental field studies, laboratory sampling and analysis procedures, water and wastewater treatment, managerial oversight, financial management, and industrial wastewater treatment. He is a New Jersey State Licensed Operator for Water and Wastewater Treatment Facilities and the Superintendent of Northwest Bergen County Utilities Authority.
In addition, Mr. Genetelli serves as a Qualified Purchasing Agent, consultant, and adjunct professor at Rutgers University, certified Sewage Sludge Incinerator operator, Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator, and PACP certified sanitary sewer TV inspector/operator. Eager for students to succeed, Robert is engaging and excellent at simplifying technical concepts.
Nicholas J. Fabbricatore, Sr., Northwest Bergen County Utilities Authority
Nicholas Fabbricatore is the Operations Supervisor for the Northwest Bergen County Utilities Authority and has more than 27 years of operational experience in the water and wastewater field. His early experience in traveling the United States on the private side of the water/wastewater industry starting up new water and wastewater projects ranging from standard municipal plants to miles of well fields to industrial plants such as Ocean Spray is the corner stone of his experience. This rare experience is something he wants to give new operators to build on. Starting from the bottom of the proverbial ladder, he understands the challenges inexperienced operators face. His operational background along with his unique experiences allow him to train upcoming operators with a viewpoint only an operator can give.
“Detailed material, very informative for test studying.”
– Richard Niziolek, Middlesex Water Company
Most useful part of the course: “In class discussions and practical math problems.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned] Different and new techniques to reline sewer mains.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Advanced Wastewater Collection Systems course is approved for 4.5 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Professional Engineers: 45 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NJ Wastewater Operators ONLY: 45 TCHs (Approval #01-100301-20)
Course Requirements and Policies
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection requires all course registrants to have access to the current versions of the following textbooks published by the Water Program Division of the California State University at Sacramento (https://www.owp.csus.edu/courses/catalog.php):
- Water Treatment Plant Operation Volume 1; 7th edition
- Water Treatment Plant Operation Volume 2; 7th edition
- Water Distribution System Operations and Maintenance; 7th edition
- Utility Management; 3rd edition
The textbooks are NOT included in the registration fee for the course.
Instructions to order books:
- Go to https://www.owp.csus.edu/
- Click on “Operator Training”
- Scroll down to “Correspondence Courses and Manuals”
- Click on “Wastewater Course”
- Select your books (always pick “Manual” when purchasing your books)
- Hit “Continue”
- Once you have selected all your books, go to your “Shopping Cart”
- Hit “Next”
- Follow the instructions from there to complete your purchase (you may have to create a new account)
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Advanced Wastewater Collection Systems, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.