Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: NJ Wetlands Management for LSRPs
Course Code: EN0408WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: September 28 & 29, 2022
Date: September 28 & 29, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm EDT (Log-in time: 8:30 am)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $285 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $265 per person (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: September 26, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Wetlands provide flood control, shoreline stabilization, water purification, nutrient cycling, carbon sequestration, sediment retention, and much more. To protect this critical resource, it is important that LSRPs have a general understanding of wetlands. The objective of this course is to provide LSRPs with an overview of wetlands and wetlands management in the State of New Jersey.
- Regulatory Basis for the Protection of Wetlands in NJ
- Methods Used to Delineate the Boundaries of Wetlands
- Methods Used to Perform Functional Assessments
- Strategies and Approaches to Developing GP-4 Permit Applications
- Planning and Execution of Wetlands Mitigation Projects
Who Should Attend?
The content presented in this course can benefit LSRPs and environmental professionals looking to gain a general understanding of wetlands. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Scientists
- Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP)
- Project Managers
- Public Works Directors
Meet Your Instructor
Charles R. Harman, P.W.S.
A Principal Ecologist and Regulatory Services Branch Manager at Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc, Charles Harman has 30 years of experience in wetlands management, including delineation, evaluation, permitting, and mitigation. He has applied for a variety of natural resource management permits at both the state and federal levels and we are lucky to have him teach from his experiences.
Most useful aspect of the course: “Discussion of permits/permit application process.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Detailed info on basis of wetland delineation and regulation requirements.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Charles Harman: “Very informative. I appreciate his perspective as a wetland scientist who has prepared permits for site remediation and has a ton of experience.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of NJ Wetlands Management for LSRPs was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 3 Technical, 3 Government Contact Hours
NJ Continuing Legal Education: 5.5 CLEs (Course No. 258)
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 5.5 TCHs (Approval #01-072003-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 5.5 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 2 Regulatory and 3.5 Technical CECs
NJ Professional Engineers: 6 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
Certified Floodplain Managers: 5.5 CECs
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is not necessary (all students will be muted on entry; you can use the “chat function” to type your questions and interact with the instructor)
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $60 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.