Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Better Business Management Skills for the Landscape Professional
Course Code: AL0316WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: March 29, 2023
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Early Bird Discount Fee: TBD
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is part of the Landscape Business Management Certificate Program and the Landscape Management II Certificate Program.
Go to a trade show, and you’ll find a hundred people in a class about retaining walls. How many will you see in a class about business skills? A lot less.
Guess what? If you don’t know how to handle your “job costing report,” it doesn’t matter how you handle those pavers. This class will teach you how to build the kind of foundation you really need to be successful.
In this course, landscaping industry expert Marcus vandeVliet will provide solutions to help make your business more profitable. He will discuss the following topics:
- Business and Pricing Strategies
- Production and Overhead Costs
- Daily Sheets
- Call Sheets
- Job Monitoring
- Implementing Change
- And More!
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for individuals who own their own landscape business or are involved in the business operations of a landscape company. Past participants have included:
- CEOs and Company Presidents
- Field Managers
- Landscape Business Owners
- Landscape Designers
- Production Managers
- Project Managers
Meet Your Instructor
Marcus vandeVliet, MV Enterprises & MV Consulting
Marcus vandeVliet is a leading consultant to the landscape and green industry. Before founding his consulting firm, he owned a design build company. He also managed landscape construction companies both large and small, where he demonstrated his ability to significantly increase profitability.
His areas of consultation include business management, software implementation, operations systems, estimating, employee training, and strategic planning. Marcus developed and built Construction Metrix, a landscape construction management software program.
Marcus has spoken for several national and state trade associations throughout the USA and Canada.
“Walking through the project lifecycle as basis for presenting best practices for business management is very effective.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Leadership overview, good useful tips to implement better leadership.”
– Past Participant
“This guy is a wealth of information, phenomenal instructor!”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
There are no credits offered for this course.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. On March 28, 2023, registrants will receive an email with a link to access the course and a document with tips on how to use Zoom. On March 29, 2023, please log in to Zoom 30 minutes before start time for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 9:00 am EDT.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is necessary if you’d like to ask questions
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Better Business Management Skills for the Landscape Professional, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.