Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Improving Your Time Management Skills
Course Code: ER0321WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: November 2, 2022
Time: TBD pm – TBD pm EDT
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $TBD per person (save when you sign up with a colleague)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $TBD per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Do you know there are ONLY 168 hours in a week? Today, folks wear many hats at work. For example, recycling coordinators are coordinating building inspections, tallying election results, and even (no kidding!) issuing death certificates and marriage licenses!
Increased workplace demands mean there is even less time each day to get what you need done. This course will introduce techniques you can use in the office (and at home) to successfully manage all that is expected of you.
Come learn how to make things better! As Stephen R. Covey said, “The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.”
- Managing Your Calendar – it is a tool that should work FOR you, not against you
- Learning to Differentiate Between (and deal with) the Urgent and the Important
- Becoming an Ace at Managing Daily and Weekly Task Lists
- How to Find Creative Solutions to Gain Additional Time
Who Should Attend?
This course provides useful information for anyone who is interested in learning how to better manage their time for increased productivity. Past participants have included:
- Administrative Assistants
- Clean Communities Coordinators
- Construction Inspectors
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Environmental Scientists
- Municipal Managers
- Office Managers
- Recycling Coordinators
- Registered Environmental Health Specialists
- Sanitation Supervisors
- Sustainability Coordinators
- Utility Workers
- Wastewater Collections Operators
- Water Operators
Meet Your Instructor
Ethan Chazin, MBA
Ethan Chazin applies his experience leading teams through transformation by leveraging employee engagement to unleash people’s untapped potential for lasting organizational success. He possesses expertise in training in organizational behavior, strategic planning, new business development, client relationship building, employee engagement, team-building, leadership, and emotional intelligence to optimize worker performance.
Most useful part of the course: “Thought provoking and helpful ideas and breakout sessions to share them.”
– Past Participant
“[I] Learned caring about your own time and being mindful of self and interactions with others is essential in effective time management.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Ethan Chazin: “The energy that Ethan has in his seminars is so exciting. Excellent.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Improving Your Time Management Skills was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Clean Communities Coordinators: 3 Recertification Credits
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 3 Management Contact Hours
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 3 Classroom Recertification Credits
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 3 TCHs (Approval #01-052001-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this course will be awarded 2.75 CEs.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Improving Your Time Management Skills, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.