Course Status: SOLD OUT!
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Management Skills for Supervisors
Course Code: EO0103WB24
Dates: March 6 & 7, 2024
Day 1: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm EST
Day 2: 8:00 am – 2:45 pm EST
(Participants must attend both days of the class.)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $485 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $450 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $242.50 per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration closes: March 1, 2024 at 3:00pm EST
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This two-day online program will strengthen your management and leadership skills. Attendees will complete a self-assessment of their management style that will clearly define their management strengths and points for improvement.
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to learn effective management and leadership skills for any industry or occupation. Past participants have included:
- Building and Grounds Supervisors
- Clean Communities Coordinators
- Clinician Supervisors
- DPW Directors
- Lab Technicians
- Maintenance Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Office Managers
- Parks and Recreation Supervisors
- Recycling Coordinators
- Research Project Coordinators
- Sewage Plant Superintendents
- Township Administrators
- Warehouse Supervisors
- Water and Wastewater Operators
Meet Your Instructors
Ned served as the Director of Continuing Professional Education at Rutgers University’s New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station for more than 35 years. He continues to work with the office as a part-time lecturer. Ned enjoys his role as a supplier of management instruction to the many audiences which Rutgers serves and is a frequent lecturer throughout New Jersey, presenting subjects relating to organizational leadership and marketing.
Terry has served as one of OCPE’s most valued and popular instructors for more than thirty years. While employed as a Senior Leadership and Mechanical Trainer for PSE&G’s Production Training Center, he crafted a parallel training career with the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES)/Rutgers University Office of Continuing Professional Education (OCPE). Teaching programs in topics ranging from workplace safety to motor controls, O & M of pumps, blueprint reading – and this extremely popular Management Skills for Supervisors workshop – Terry’s courses provide useful, timely real-world information that resonates and stays with attendees.
Most useful part of the course: “The focus on understanding your own characteristics to better understand others and be an effective leader.”
– Past Participant
“Ned and Terry are so knowledgeable and I love the community of experience in the room.”
– Past Participant
“I will share many of the slides and techniques with my supervisors.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Management Skills for Supervisors course is approved for 1.2 Rutgers CEUs (12 contact hours) as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 6 Management Contact Hours
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 12 Classroom Recertification Credits
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 12 TCHs (Approval #01-010111-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 11.25 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
PA Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 12 Recertification Hours
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- A microphone is required.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Management Skills for Supervisors, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.