Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Introduction to RFPs: The Do’s and Don’ts
Course Code: EO0127WA24
Date of Most Recent Offering: November 7, 2023
Date: November 7, 2023 UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Time: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm EST UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Location: Online UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Format: Live, instructor-led UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Registration Fee: $135.00 per person UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Multi Person Discount Fee: $99.00 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $67.50 per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: November 3, 2023 at 3:00pm UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Request for Proposal (RFP) – do those three letters cause you to break out in a panic, with sweaty palms and jittery nerves? Well, RELAX – this half day course will introduce you to the tools you need to develop a document that will get you the proposals you need to make the evaluation smooth and effortless!
- Defining Your Project – what do you REALLY need and in what timeframe?
- Considering Constraints – regulations, manpower, unions – and working with them
- Structuring Your RFP/Evaluating the Responses – how to drive proposals into a format that simplifies the evaluation process – and works for you!
- Selling the Project – getting support from management and beyond
- The Plan – steps, timelines, goals, and action items – let’s get organized and do this!
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone whose professional responsibilities include working with RFPs. Past participants have included:
- Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM)
- Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP)
- Civil Engineers
- Collection System Operators
- County Engineers
- Environmental Health, Safety, and Security Directors
- Facilities Managers
- Operations Managers
- Plant Engineers
- Project Managers
- Project Scientists
- QC Managers
- Township Administrators
- Water Superintendents
- Water Treatment Operators
Meet Your Instructors
Stacy A. Cacallori
Stacy’s career includes consulting experience and over twenty-five years of increasing responsibility for leadership and hands-on project management of a 61,000-customer public water utility, including reporting and administrative functions. Her formal education encompasses leadership, business administration, management, and communication skills, as well as a certificate of proficiency in training adults.
William Mitchell, Jr.
William Mitchell, Jr.’s professional experience includes 32+ years of experience with Trenton Water Works and 2+ years at CME Associates. He holds the following licenses: NJDEP T4 license for water treatment, NJDEP W-4 license for water distribution, and PA A-1 license for water treatment. His educational background includes a B.S. degree in Biology with minors in Chemistry and Psychology from the College of New Jersey and a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from Drexel University.
“I will use everything I learned in writing proposals in the future.”
– Past Participant
“Going forward, I will try to remember that doing more work in the beginning of the RFP process will help have a smoother process in the end.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Looking at the entire project, in depth, from inception to completion.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Introduction to RFPs: The Do’s and Don’ts was approved for 0.3 Rutgers CEUs (3 contact hours), as well as the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 1.5 Management and 1.5 Government
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 3 Classroom Recertification Credits
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 3 TCHs (Approval #01-021502-30)
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop or desktop computer is required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $25 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Introduction to RFPs: The Do’s and Don’ts, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.