Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Radon Measurement Professional 16-hour Online Course
Course Code: EA0703WA24
Date & Time: This class is available on demand, 24/7. You can register and complete the course at any time! It will take approximately 8 hours to complete.
Registration Fee: $300 per person
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Taking this Class for Radon Measurement Certification?
- If you want to become a Certified Radon Measurement Professional in New Jersey, this is the class you need!
- If you need to become certified by the NRPP, you can use this class.
Taking this Class for Recertification Credits?
- If you need continuing education credits for an NRPP certification, you can use this class.
- If you need continuing education credits for your New Jersey recertification, you can use this class. New Jersey now uses the NRPP standards.
Approved as an entry level course for radon measurement by the NRPP and NJDEP, this online course presents the information you need to become a certified radon measurement service provider. This class prepares you for the national NRPP certification exam (now accepted by New Jersey and most other states).
Because this is a self-paced online program, you will be free to work on this course anytime and anywhere you choose. You can keep your business schedule on track while still sharpening your skills and completing your CE requirements.
- The Physics of Radiation and Atomic Decay
- The Health Risks of Radon
- How Radon Gas Behaves and Why it is Found Indoors
- How to Properly Deploy Radon Measurement Devices
- Techniques to Mitigate Radon from Existing Structures
- Safety Strategies to Protect You, Your Colleagues, and Your Customers
NOTE: The course content is presented primarily through text and pictures. This is NOT a video-based course.
Radon Exam Preparation
The certificate of completion you receive after taking this online course confirms that you have completed the proper study work required to sit for the NRPP radon measurement certification program (accepted by NJ and most other states). You will have to schedule to take any exams through the organization directly here.
Visit our Radon Resource Center for more information about the exam process.
Radon Measurement Certification FAQs
How do I become a Radon Measurement Professional?
Rutgers is in New Jersey. What are the requirements there?
New Jersey now accepts the NRPP certification as its standard.
How do I obtain the NRPP radon measurement certification?
To be certified by the NRPP, you must first take an approved radon measurement certification course. Then you must pass the NRPP exam.
Is this the certification I need to perform radon measurement for home inspections?
Check your state’s requirements. In NJ, yes, this is what you need. In most other states, this is what you need.
To become a certified radon measurement professional in New Jersey, you need take the 16-hour Radon Measurement Professional Course and then you need to pass the NRPP exam. Check the requirements of your state.
Eastern Regional Radon Training Center (ERRTC) staff developed the content for this program in consultation with respected radon experts.
Continuing Education Credits
The Radon Measurement Professional 16-hour Online Course is approved for the following credits from professional organizations.
New Jersey now accepts the NRPP certification as its standards and no longer offers NJ-specific credits.
National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP): 16 credit hours
*Notice to NRPP Certified Professionals: The National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) has indicated that starting 1/1/2011, NRPP licensed individuals cannot take the same continuing education program more than once from a single provider. If you have taken this course with our office in the past, you will not be able to take that same course again.
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI): 16 credit hours
Course Requirements and Policies
This is a self-paced online course hosted in Rutgers’ Canvas learning management system. You will have access to the online course content for at least one year after you register. This course requires internet access and an email address.
You will receive notification emails and instructions for accessing the course a few minutes after you complete your registration. Look for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Welcome to Canvas at Rutgers.” Please check your Spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox. Follow the instructions in the email to create your Canvas account. You will also receive an email with the subject line “Course Invitation” that will enable you to access your specific course.
For all other registrations (mailed, faxed, emailed, by phone, etc.), you will receive these emails as soon as we process your registration.
NOTE: You must use the same email address to create your Canvas account that you used to register for the course. If you have previously taken any Rutgers online courses through our Canvas learning management system, you need to sign in with the same email and password you used for the earlier course.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
There are no refunds for this program. Substitutions are not permitted.
Can’t Access Your Online Radon Course?
The most common reason you would not receive the access email is because it was placed in your SPAM folder.
If you don’t see it in your SPAM folder, follow these directions to access the course.
- Please go to the Canvas learning management website at https://canvas.rutgers.edu.
- Click on the Email Login button at the top right.
- In the “Login ID” field, enter your email address (the one you registered with).
- Click the “Forgot Password” link.
- The Login ID field will appear. Put in your email address again.
- Click the “Request Password” button.
- You will receive an email with a password. If you don’t see it, please look in your spam folder. The email will be coming from “instructure.com.”
- Once you have the password, return to https://canvas.rutgers.edu and login using the Email Login option. This will bring you into the Canvas site.
- On your left, there is a menu. Click on COURSES and then select your course. Now you’re in the class!
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about the Radon Measurement Professional 16-hour Online Course, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.