Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Radon Mitigation Specialist Initial Training Course
Course Code: EA0304CB23
Date of Most Recent Offering:
September 14-16, 2022 (Cancelled)
Time: TBD am – TBD pm (Check-in time: TBD am)
Location: Operator Training Center, 16 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course with hands-on activities
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $TBD per person (expires TBD)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boost Your Earning Potential By Expanding into the Field of Radon Mitigation!
Through hands-on instruction, you will learn radon mitigation theory and the latest techniques used to diagnose and correct radon problems. You will leave the class with the know-how to design and set up a working radon mitigation system.
This course will also prepare you to sit for national (either NRPP or NRSB) or NJ state radon mitigation certification exams. Instructor Bill Brodhead will teach the latest NRPP standards as well as the NJ standards.
- How Air Pressure Affects Ventilation
- Radon Fan Sizes and the Impact on Both Air Flow and Operating Costs
- How Radon Moves Through Water
- The Importance of Safety Precautions for Radon Mitigation Work
- Radon Mitigation Techniques for New Construction
Benefits of Studying Radon Mitigation at our Radon Training Slab
Our radon mitigation training slab is an incredible teaching tool for the students who attend this course. In real time, radon mitigation students will have a chance to see how different radon fans perform and observe how closely the diagnostic testing was able to predict the final results! Students will have the opportunity to observe and participate in live demonstrations that will reinforce their understanding of the following important radon mitigation concepts.
- How a Radon Mitigation System Influences the Pressure Under the Slab
- How Diagnostic Sub-slab Pressure Field Extension Tests are Performed
- How Different Radon Fan Models Perform in Comparison to the Diagnostic Testing that was Done
- How Much Wattage Each Radon Fan Uses
To learn more about our cutting-edge radon training facility, please read the article State-of-the-Art Hands-On Radon Training Facility Built at Rutgers University!
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to learn about the field of radon mitigation and prepare for a radon mitigation certification exam can benefit from taking this course. Past attendees have included:
- Asbestos Inspectors
- Environmental Engineers and Consultants
- Environmental Scientists
- Home Inspectors
- Industrial Hygienists
- Plumbing Contractors
- Project Coordinators
- Propane Service Technicians
- Radiation Protection Specialists
- Radon Technicians
- Risk Assessors
- Service Managers
Watch this photo slideshow for a sneak peek into the Radon Mitigation course and to see the types of hands-on lessons our students experience at our radon training facility.
Radon Mitigation Certification Exam
This Radon Mitigation Specialist Initial Training Course does not include a certification exam. To learn more about the radon certification options available to you after taking this course, visit our Radon Resource Center.
It is important that you check your state’s local regulations for certification requirements. Most states accept national certification, while other states (like New Jersey) require state certifications. Be sure to contact your state radon office for local certification requirements.
Meet Your Instructor
Bill Brodhead, WPB Enterprises
Bill Brodhead is a highly respected radon specialist and president of WPB Enterprises, the oldest radon mitigation company in the state of Pennsylvania. WPB and has conducted indoor air quality testing since 1982 and installed over 9,000 radon mitigation systems in a wide variety of homes and commercial buildings. Bill is a Pennsylvania Certified Radon Mitigation Individual and has a national radon mitigation certification from NEHA. He serves as the chair of the American Association of Radon Scientists & Technologists (AARST) Mitigation Standards committee.
Check out this article to learn more about Bill Brodhead and his work in the radon mitigation field – Meet the Godfather of Radon Mitigation!
“Course is very informative; a nice basis for study and preparation for the certification.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Bill Broadhead: “Unmatched knowledge of radon diagnostics. Clear, fair, excellent listener. Best in the game instructor!”
– Past Participant
“I learned how to figure out what is needed to find the proper set up to remove radon.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of the Radon Mitigation Specialist Initial Training Course was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP): 24 credit hours
National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP): 24 credit hours
National Radon Safety Board (NRSB): 24 credit hours
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link will be provided in your course registration confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $30 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about the Radon Mitigation Specialist Initial Training Course, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.