Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Event Recycling – Do It Right!
Course Code: ER0326CA20
Date: March 24, 2020
Time: 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
From a small celebration to a large community gathering, parade, or sporting event, the “how to” for dealing with recycling (and, unfortunately, waste) and be daunting! The secret is to PLAN AHEAD – but how do you even start? This course is led by experts who will teach you the tips and techniques you need for before, during, and after to make recycling work at your event!
Meet Your Instructor
More information coming soon!
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Event Recycling – Do It Right! was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): Pending
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 3 Classroom Recertification Credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be facilitated on the Canvas Virtual Platform. It is recommended that you access the course using a computer (desktop or laptop) with a high-speed internet connection. A built-in laptop microphone or external microphone can be used. You also have the option to call in to hear the live class. Webcams are optional. Kindly note that this training is best viewed using the Chrome web browser. Tablets can also be used. If you plan to access the course using a mobile device, you should download the Canvas app. Please review this link for information: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10567.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Event Recycling – Do It Right!, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.