Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Discharge Monitoring Reports
Course Code: EO0303WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: September 20, 2022
Time: TBD am – TBD pm EDT
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $TBD per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $TBD per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This water and wastewater operator training course has been designed to explore the regulatory background of the Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) process, as well as provide practical information for use in completing the forms.
Topics will include Sludge Quality Assurance Reporting (SQAR) responsibilities and liabilities involved in the NPDES/DMR program. NJDEP personnel will be participating in the development and presentation of the course.
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone whose job responsibilities include preparing Discharge Monitoring Reports. Past participants have included:
- Certified Public Works Managers
- Environmental Technicians
- Facilities Managers
- Lab Managers
- Maintenance Directors
- Plant Supervisors
- Staff Engineers
- Wastewater Operators
- Water and Sewer Operators
Meet Your Instructor
Scott Mikaelian, AECOM
Mr. Scott Mikaelian, P.E., is a senior level resource with 28 years of experience in the Environment business line in AECOM’s Piscataway, New Jersey office. He holds multiple New Jersey water and wastewater licenses and is the Account Manager for two global clients, as well as a Department Manager. He has held leadership roles as Senior Program Manager and Practice Area Lead for remediation, consulting, and engineering, among others. Mr. Mikaelian has led multiple large-scale programs, some with nearly $20 million annually in task orders. He uses his skills to manage and build client relationships and effectively oversee the execution of high profile, sensitive, and complex projects across AECOM’s global footprint. His leadership and management experience provides significant value added to AECOM’s clients across multiple disciplines.
Most useful part of the course: “The information on how to properly fill out the DMRs and how to avoid fines.”
– Past Participant
“Good information for those experienced and new to filling out DMR.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Review of the MRF manual and class examples.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Discharge Monitoring Reports was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 2 Technical, 2 Management, 2 Government Contact Hours
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-090001-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this course will be awarded 6.0 CEs.
NJ Professional Engineers: 6 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.