Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Microsoft Office Excel – Level 1
Course Code: CS0201WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: January 26, 2023
Time: TBD am – TBD pm EST (Log in at TBD am EST)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Multi Course Discount Fee: $TBD per person (Save when you sign up for this class and one or more of our other Excel classes!)
Rutgers Employee Discount Fee: $TBD per person
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
- Does your current job require you to use spreadsheets, but you’ve never learned how to use them before?
- Are you searching for jobs, and see that MS Excel is a qualification for being hired?
- Do you volunteer in your community and see a need for data organization that you want to fill, but aren’t sure how?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, Microsoft Office Excel, Level One may be a great choice for you!
This class is for individuals who are both new to Excel and for those with a very basic understanding of this or other spreadsheet programs. Students will learn how to create and save workbooks, format text and numbers, select ranges, and move or copy data. Additionally, students will learn to use formulas and basic functions, explore printing options for worksheets, save worksheets as PDF files, and format rows and columns. This course will prepare learners for MS Excel, Level Two.
Level 1 Performance Objectives:
By the end of this course, students will be able to perform the following skills:
- Understand and use Excel terminology
- Use mouse and keyboard shortcuts for navigating the worksheet(s), selecting cells and duplicating worksheets
- Understand and demonstrate use of the Ribbon, Groups, and Commands
- Customize the Status Bar
- Understand and customize the rules and defaults of Excel
- Create Series with the “Fill” icon
- Understand basics of elementary formulas including Relative and Absolute Addressing
- Have laptop or desktop computer with MS Excel loaded, with mouse (no trackpads)
- Have high-speed internet access, webcam (internal or external), microphone, and speakers/headphones
- Basic understanding of keyboard and mouse use
- Proficient in MS Windows and File Explorer management (or Mac OS and Finder) with the ability to download emailed file attachments, save them, and navigate back to them.
- Prior experience with Zoom video-conferencing will be helpful, although not required.
This will be a live, online, interactive course, using the Zoom video conferencing platform. Students should be prepared to have their webcams turned on, and microphones and speakers enabled. The instructor may ask you to unmute to speak, or ask for feedback in the Chat. You will be following along with the instructor and will be doing Excel exercises on your own computer.
Meet Your Instructor
Anne Marie DelPrincipe
Anne Marie DelPrincipe is a technically skilled training specialist with an emphasis in corporate training and specialized end-user computing. Known for accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness in managing training for diverse industries, Anne Marie is also a personable instructor with a proven record of helping workshop participants to achieve results. She has strong, hands-on technical training and consulting experience at all levels of the organization including upper management. In particular, Anne Marie has extensive experience in compiling training manuals; creating effective training spreadsheets and captivating presentations; and conducting executive presentations/seminars. Anne Marie earned her BA in Computer Information Systems and MBA in Management Information Science.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Microsoft Office Excel – Level 1 course is approved for 0.3 Rutgers CEUs.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will be emailed the Zoom link a few days prior to class.
Participants must have Microsoft Excel available on their PC/Mac. Any version of Excel will work. Desktop or laptop computers may be used, but please be sure to have a mouse. If you ordinarily do not use a mouse because your computer has a trackpad, we strongly recommended that you get a mouse for this class, due to the types of operations practiced.
Participants must have high-speed internet, have basic understanding of keyboard and mouse use, and an overall understanding of computer file management. All should be able to download email attachments to their computers, save them in organized folders, and navigate back to those files when needed. Prior experience with Zoom video-conferencing will be helpful, although not required.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Microsoft Office Excel – Level 1, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Jill Sullivan
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.