Jump to: Register | Course Details | Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Policies | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: ArcGIS: Editing and Data Development
Course Code: EG0915WA24
Date: January 23, 30, February 6, & 13, 2024 (4 Tuesday evenings)
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
In addition to the live online class sessions that will take place on the dates/times listed above, there will be online homework assignments and activities to complete in between the live sessions. Office hours will be available on an as needed basis from 7:00 – 8:00 pm on Thursdays during the period that the course is running in January and February.
Format: Live, instructor-led class sessions with homework assignments to be completed independently
Registration Fee: $1,025 per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $925 per person (expires January 2, 2024)
Registration Closes: January 16, 2024
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
If you have completed the ArcGIS: Introduction course or if you are familiar with the toolbars and basic functions of Arc Map and Arc Catalog, you are qualified to take this course. This course will guide you through real world editing tasks and data management processes that are vital for intermediate GIS users to know.
- Creating Buffers
- Geocoding Services and Address Geocoding
- Editing Shapefiles
- Digitizing in ArcMap
- Georeferencing in Aerial Photography
- Digitizing a Parcel Map in ArcMap
- Coordinate Transformation
- Displaying Tabular X,Y Data and Creating a Relate
- Working with CAD Drawing
ArcGIS Pro Software Access
All participants in this course will receive access to the ArcGIS Pro software during the class and for one month following the conclusion of the course.
ArcGIS: Introduction (or equivalent experience)
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to build upon their existing skills and gain more experience with the capabilities of ArcGIS Pro. Past participants have included:
- CAD Operators and Technicians
- Database Programmers
- Environmental Scientists and Consultants
- Flood Zone Researchers
- GIS Specialists
- IT Managers
- Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs)
- Project Managers
- Water Operators
Meet Your Instructor
Chris Klaube, Senior GIS Developer at DVG
Chris Klaube is an experienced GIS professional and software engineer, with a Masters in Geographic Information Systems. He has a deep knowledge of the Esri software suite and enterprise GIS systems, as well as web development using the Esri SDK’s. Chris has worked in various roles within GIS for the last 14 years, including as a GIS analyst, systems administrator, and developer. Chris currently works as a senior GIS engineer for Data Vision Group (DVG) in New York City, where he largely works on DevOps, cloud services, and custom application development.
“This class was informative and professional. I can utilize this information at work to enhance our productivity and mapping capabilities. Thank you!”
– Lyssa Cousineau, Handex Consulting & Remediation, LLC
“Good hands-on exercises which really helped me to work efficiently with ArcGIS Pro.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Comprehensive overview of editing skills with enough resources to practice individually.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The ArcGIS: Editing and Data Development course is approved for 1.2 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 10 TCHs (Approval # 01-111901-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 12.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 4 Technical CECs
NJ Professional Engineers: 12 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) credits
NY Professional Engineers/Land Surveyors: 12 PDHs
The Wildlife Society: Pending
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Canvas and Zoom. After you register, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” prompting you to click a link to finish setting up your Canvas account. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date, including Zoom links to join the live sessions.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about ArcGIS: Editing and Data Development, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Suzanne Hills
Administrative Assistant: Amy Smith
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.