Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
The next offering of this course is tentatively planned for Fall 2023. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Emergency Pesticide Recertification – ½ Day Class in 3B
Course Code: AL0415CA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: October 21, 2022
Time: TBD pm – TBD pm (Check-in time: TBD pm)
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: In person classroom course
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $TBD per person (expires TBD)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Taught by Richard Buckley, this 3-hour class will provide you with 3B pesticide credits just in time for the New Jersey license renewal deadline of October 31st.
- Monitoring and Control of Turfgrass Insects
- Weed Identification and Controls
- Turfgrass Disease Identification and Management
Who Should Attend?
This class is valuable for anyone who needs 3B pesticide recertification credits and wants to learn more about managing turfgrass insects and diseases. Past participants have included:
- Building and Grounds Directors
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Facility Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Parks Supervisors
- Pesticide Applicators
Meet Your Instructor
Rich Buckley, Rutgers University
Rich Buckley runs the Plant Diagnostic Lab and Nematode Detection Service at the Ralph Geiger Turfgrass Education Center at Rutgers. With decades of experience working in one of the leading diagnostic labs in the country, he is highly regarded as a leader in the field of turfgrass problem solving. After earning his BS in Entomology and Plant Pathology from the University of Delaware, Richard Buckley received an MS in Turfgrass Pathology from Rutgers University. In 2006, he received the Rutgers Turfgrass Alumni Association Achievement Award. In 2012, he was awarded the New Jersey Turfgrass Association Recognition Award.
On instructor Rich Buckley: “Always enjoy his speaking, [he] keeps it interesting. After 25 years of attending these classes, it helps a lot.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned] ways to prevent fungus in lawns.”
– Past Participant
“Rich Buckley is a fantastic speaker!”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Emergency Pesticide Recertification – ½ Day Class in 3B was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ / CT Pesticide Applicators: 5 units in 3B, 8C, and PP2
PA Pesticide Applicators: 5 credits in PC, 07, 18, and 23
DE, NY, MD, and MA Pesticide Applicators: If you need pesticide credits in these states, you must register and notify Joe Canzano at least 45 days before the course start date. Call 848-932-7317 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No meals will be provided at this course.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $34 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Emergency Pesticide Recertification – ½ Day Class in 3B, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.