Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Two-Cycle Engine Maintenance
Course Code: AL0255WA22
Date: January 27, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm EST (Log-in time: 8:30 am EST)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Learn how to fix your own string trimmers! In this four-hour online class, instructor Joe Clark will explain how they work and why they often break down. He’ll tell you what you can do to prevent the problems – and how to fix them.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for any efficient employee, supervisor, or crew member who uses and wants to properly maintain two-cycle engine hand-carried landscape power tools. Our past participants come from a variety of organizations and job titles, including:
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Fleet Maintenance Professionals
- Garage Supervisors
- Golf Course Superintendents
- Landscape Contractors
- Lawn Maintenance Professionals
- Park Maintenance Workers
- Pipe Fitters
- Road Department Staff
Meet Your Instructor
Joe Clark, Rutgers University
Joe Clark is the Research Farm Supervisor for the Horticultural Research Farm II at Rutgers. As such, he manages the operations of the farm, including research schedules, irrigation, and equipment. In addition to earning a BS in Environmental Planning, Landscape Industries from Rutgers University, Joe has also received technical training from Toro Factory Service School, Toro Grounds Master School, Bernhard Reel Grinding Seminars, Kohler Small Engine Service School, and Briggs & Stratton Small Engine Service.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Two-Cycle Engine Maintenance was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 4 Technical Contact Hours
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date. On June 13, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class at 8:00AM (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30AM.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Two-Cycle Engine Maintenance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.