Jump to: Register | Course Details | Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Policies | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Instrumentation for Water, Wastewater, and Utility Operations
Course Code: EO0701CA24
Date: March 20, 2024
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), BE ,18 Ag Extension Way
New Brunswick , NJ 08901
Format: Classroom course
Registration Fee: $290.00
Multi Person Discount Fee: $265.00 price per person(2 or more registrants)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $145.00 (T, W, VSWS License ONLY)
Registration closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrumentation – from flow meters to pressure gauges and everything in between – plays an integral role in many work places. Do you know the why’s and how’s behind the equipment? If not, this course is a great place to begin! It will present an introduction to the fundamentals of instrumentation, including vocabulary and nomenclature. A great introduction OR refresher!
- Basic Formulae, Conversion, and Calculations
- Pressure and Velocity
- Measuring and Transmitting Devices
- Proper Equipment Usage and Safety
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to better understand meters, gauges, and other measuring instruments, including:
- Construction Inspectors
- Field Technicians
- Lab Managers
- Project Managers
- Sewer Superintendents
- Technical Consultants
- Utilities Operators
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
- Water Plant Operators
- Water Quality Managers
Meet Your Instructor
Jerry Oselador, Longo Electrical Mechanical Inc.
Jerry Oselador is a Senior Controls Specialist at Longo Electrical Mechanical Inc. He has spent more than 40 years in the development, implementation, and troubleshooting of controls systems in the cryogenic, water, and wastewater fields. Jerry had his initial education in the aircraft industry, specializing in aeronautic turbine systems and avionics.
His passion has been in the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition as it relates to various industrial processes. He has spent over 30 years in the programming of various Programmable Logic Controlled Systems with computer interfaces.
“Speaker (Jerry Oselador) was able to convey complex topics very effectively and kept the topic interesting.”
– Past Participant
“Everything was relevant and easy to understand.”
– Past Participant
“The entire course was great and interesting. I believe this entire course helped me in my field.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
This Instrumentation for Water, Wastewater, and Utility Operations course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-010103-30)
NJ Electrical Contractors: 6 Continuing Education Hours
PA Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 Recertification Hours
Course Requirements and Policies
No breakfast will be provided. Lunch will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Instrumentation for Water, Wastewater, and Utility Operations, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.