Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Rigging and Hoisting Safety
Course Code: EP0401CA22
Date: June 8, 2022
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm (Check-in time: 8:00 am)
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course
Registration Fee: $290 per person
Multi-Person Discount Fee: $265 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $145 per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: June 7, 2022
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Better preparation means a safer and more efficient workplace operation for all! Use of proper equipment and correct load attachment can mean the difference between a successful lift and a deadly accident. Learn about the latest in hardware and techniques in this 1-day course.
- Crane Operator Qualifications
- How to Develop Pre-operational Checks
- Calculating Load Weight
- Loading and Hooks
- Hand Signals
- Physical/Mental Prep
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Equipment Inspection and Hazards
- Slings and Hitches
- Load Angles
Who Should Attend?
If you use cranes and/or jib hoists, this class is for you. Past participants have included:
- Backhoe Operators
- Building Operations Managers
- Construction Engineers
- DPW Superintendents
- Equipment Operators
- Facilities Managers
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Industrial Mechanics
- Industrial Meter Servicemen
- Lift Station Operators
- Maintenance Planners
- Operation Maintenance Technicians
- Power Plant Operators
- Safety Managers
- Sewer Superintendents
- Utility Workers
Meet Your Instructor
Terry has served as one of OCPE’s most valued and popular instructors for over thirty years. While employed as a Senior Leadership and Mechanical Trainer for PSE&G’s Production Training Center, he crafted a parallel training career with the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES)/Rutgers University Office of Continuing Professional Education (OCPE). Teaching programs in topics ranging from workplace safety to motor controls, O & M of pumps, blueprint reading – and an extremely popular Management Skills for Supervisors workshop – Terry’s courses provide useful, timely real-world information that resonates and stays with attendees.
On instructor Terry Tomsky: “Provided very good real world experiences to help visualize technical information.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned] Different ways to rig loads (vertical, basket, choker).”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Obtaining a greater awareness of the safety involved with rigging and hoisting.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Rigging and Hoisting Safety course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 5 Technical Contact Hours
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs SAFETY (Approval # 01-020301-31)
Please note: Under NJDEP regulations, only one-third (1/3) of the total number of TCHs needed to maintain your license can be associated with courses or events which have been approved by NJDEP as safety programs (i.e., those with course approval numbers ending in “1”).
No breakfast will be provided. Box lunches will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
IMPORTANT! When registering, please make your sandwich selection from the following options:
- Roast Beef & Provolone Sub
- Turkey Breast & Provolone Sub
- Ham & Swiss Sub
- Tuna Salad Sub
- Grilled Balsamic Vegetable & Fresh Mozzarella Sub (vegetarian)
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
All students attending classes in person are required to comply with these rules to gain entry to class:
- Provide proof of full vaccination* or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (test performed within 72 hours of the event)
- Present valid photo ID with name matching vaccination card or negative test result
- Wear face masks indoors in all indoor spaces (includes both classrooms and public spaces like restrooms, hallways, elevators, stairwells, etc.). Masks may be temporarily removed while eating or drinking indoors.
To ensure adequate time for an immune response to occur, a person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after completion of a two-dose mRNA series (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
If you are not feeling well or have any COVID symptoms, please protect yourself and others by staying home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link will be provided in your course registration confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.