Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Study and Exam Skills for Licensing and Professional Certification Testing
Course Code: EO0124CA22
Date: June 29, 2022
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm (Check-in time: 8:00 am)
Location: Ralph Geiger Turfgrass Education Center, 20 Indyk-Engel Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08902 (Directions & Map to Building)
Parking is ONLY available in the gravel lot behind the Office of Continuing Professional Education’s building (close to Ryders Lane). Map to parking lot: https://goo.gl/maps/KXA9A8RVFmKZUEz79
Format: Classroom course
Registration Fee: $250 per person
Multi-Person Discount Fee: $220 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $125 per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: June 28, 2022
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
With its roots in our annual Drinking Water Operator Review course, Study and Exam Skills for Licensing and Professional Certification Testing will calm your jangled nerves with facts, tips – and a few tricks – that will lead you down the path of success for your upcoming exam.
Course instructors Bill Mitchell and Stacy Cacallori (who between them have tackled more professional examinations than they would care to count!) will help you be your best when that exam clock starts ticking!
- Reading to Gather Crucial Information
- How to Memorize (yes, you can learn and improve this skill!)
- Note Taking – what works and what doesn’t
- Problem Solving – how to identify what is being asked and ignore the fluff
- Study Habits – how to develop good ones that are efficient and effective
- Preparing for the Big Day – how to maintain deep breaths, organized thoughts, and a positive attitude!
Who Should Attend?
Is a professional certification or licensing exam in your near future? Are you looking for something to give you additional confidence to take you beyond passing? Here is a class for you! Past participants have included:
- Control Systems Operators
- Crew Leaders
- Maintenance Techs
- Operation Superintendents
- Project Managers
- Public Works Directors
- Site O & M Managers
- Systems Operators
- Treatment Plant Operators
- Wastewater Operators
- Water Treatment Operators
Meet Your Instructors
Stacy A. Cacallori
Stacy’s career includes consulting experience and over twenty-five years of increasing responsibility for leadership and hands-on project management of a 61,000-customer public water utility, including reporting and administrative functions. Her formal education encompasses leadership, business administration, management, and communication skills, as well as a certificate of proficiency in training adults.
William Mitchell, Jr.
William Mitchell, Jr.’s professional experience includes 32+ years of experience with Trenton Water Works and 2+ years at CME Associates. He holds the following licenses: NJDEP T4 license for water treatment, NJDEP W-4 license for water distribution, and PA A-1 license for water treatment. His educational background includes a B.S. degree in Biology with minors in Chemistry and Psychology from the College of New Jersey and a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from Drexel University.
“Very nicely constructed course. Followed outline. Both instructors complemented each other. Time flew by. Feel great about taking the test after this course.”
– Past Participant
“Helps give real guidance in methods to improve study habits.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “[Learning] How to control anxiety before exam.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Study and Exam Skills for Licensing and Professional Certification Testing course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-011303-30)
No breakfast will be provided. Box lunches will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
IMPORTANT! When registering, please make your sandwich selection from the following options:
- Roast Beef & Provolone Sub
- Turkey Breast & Provolone Sub
- Ham & Swiss Sub
- Tuna Salad Sub
- Grilled Balsamic Vegetable & Fresh Mozzarella Sub (vegetarian)
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
All students attending classes in person are required to comply with these rules to gain entry to class:
- Provide proof of full vaccination* or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (test performed within 72 hours of the event)
- Present valid photo ID with name matching vaccination card or negative test result
- Wear face masks indoors in all indoor spaces (includes both classrooms and public spaces like restrooms, hallways, elevators, stairwells, etc.). Masks may be temporarily removed while eating or drinking indoors.
To ensure adequate time for an immune response to occur, a person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after completion of a two-dose mRNA series (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
If you are not feeling well or have any COVID symptoms, please protect yourself and others by staying home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Study and Exam Skills for Licensing and Professional Certification Testing, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.