Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Study and Exam Skills for Licensing and Professional Certification Testing
Course Code: EO0124WA24
Date: June 25, 2024
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm (Log-in time: 7:30 am)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $265 per person
Multi-Person Discount Fee: $220 per person (2 or more registrants)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $132.50 per person (Must Hold one of T/W/VSWS License)
Registration Closes: June 20, 2024 at 3:30 pm
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With its roots in our annual Drinking Water Operator Review course, Study and Exam Skills for Licensing and Professional Certification Testing will calm your jangled nerves with facts, tips – and a few tricks – that will lead you down the path of success for your upcoming exam.
Course instructors Bill Mitchell and Stacy Cacallori (who between them have tackled more professional examinations than they would care to count!) will help you be your best when that exam clock starts ticking!
- Reading to Gather Crucial Information
- How to Memorize (yes, you can learn and improve this skill!)
- Note Taking – what works and what doesn’t
- Problem Solving – how to identify what is being asked and ignore the fluff
- Study Habits – how to develop good ones that are efficient and effective
- Preparing for the Big Day – how to maintain deep breaths, organized thoughts, and a positive attitude!
Who Should Attend?
Is a professional certification or licensing exam in your near future? Are you looking for something to give you additional confidence to take you beyond passing? Here is a class for you! Past participants have included:
- Control Systems Operators
- Crew Leaders
- Maintenance Techs
- Operation Superintendents
- Project Managers
- Public Works Directors
- Site O & M Managers
- Systems Operators
- Treatment Plant Operators
- Wastewater Operators
- Water Treatment Operators
Meet Your Instructors
Stacy A. Cacallori
Stacy’s career includes consulting experience and more than twenty-five years of increasing responsibility for leadership and hands-on project management of a 61,000-customer public water utility, including reporting and administrative functions. Her formal education encompasses leadership, business administration, management, and communication skills, as well as a certificate of proficiency in training adults.
William Mitchell, Jr.
William Mitchell, Jr.’s professional experience includes 32+ years of experience with Trenton Water Works and 2+ years at CME Associates. He holds the following licenses: NJDEP T4 license for water treatment, NJDEP W-4 license for water distribution, and PA A-1 license for water treatment. His educational background includes a B.S. degree in Biology with minors in Chemistry and Psychology from the College of New Jersey and a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from Drexel University.
“Very nicely constructed course. Followed outline. Both instructors complemented each other. Time flew by. Feel great about taking the test after this course.”
– Past Participant
“Helps give real guidance in methods to improve study habits.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “[Learning] How to control anxiety before exam.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Study and Exam Skills for Licensing and Professional Certification Testing course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 3 Management and 3 Technical Contact Hours
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-011303-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.00 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop or desktop computer is required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Study and Exam Skills for Licensing and Professional Certification Testing, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.