Course Status Notice – Canceled!
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Introduction to Python in ArcGIS
Course Code: EG0922WA24
Date of Most Recent Offering:
March 5, 12, 19, and 26, 2024 (Tuesdays) Canceled
Date: March 5, 12, 19, and 26, 2024 (Tuesdays)
Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm EST/EDT
In addition to the live online class sessions that will take place on the dates/times listed above, optional office hours will be available as needed from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST/EDT on Thursdays during March.
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $995
Early Bird Discount Fee: $895 per person (expires February 13, 2024)
Registration Closes: February 27, 2024
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Learn about the Python programming language and its many uses for geoprocessing and data processing automation in the ArcGIS ecosystem! This class is geared towards working professionals with some familiarity with ArcGIS, ArcMap, and ArcGIS Pro.
- Using Python in ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro
- Writing Your Own Python Scripts
- Using the ArcPy Module in ArcGIS
- Creating a Script Tool
- Automating GIS Administration in ArcGISOnline
- Using Conda for Python Environments
ArcGIS Pro Software Access
All participants in this course will receive access to the ArcGIS Pro software during the class and for one month following the conclusion of the course.
ArcGIS: Introduction or some related experience working with ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro is highly recommended. Knowledge of basic GIS data types, layers, and geoprocessing tools is preferred.
Who Should Attend?
This class is recommended for individuals with prior knowledge of ArcGIS, ArcMap, and ArcGIS Pro who want to learn how the Python programming language can enhance their use of ArcGIS Pro. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Scientists
- Project Professionals
- Water System Distribution Technicians
Meet Your Instructor
Chris Klaube, Solutions Architect at Langan Engineering and Environmental
Chris Klaube is an experienced GIS professional and software engineer with a Masters in Geographic Information Systems. He has a deep knowledge of the Esri software suite and enterprise GIS systems, as well as web development using the Esri SDK’s. Chris has worked in various roles within GIS for the last 14 years, including as a GIS analyst, GIS systems administrator, and developer. Chris currently works as a Solutions Architect for Langan Engineering and Environmental where he is primarily involved in GIS enterprise management, cloud services and custom application development.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Introduction to Python in ArcGIS course is approved for 1.4 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Professional Engineers: 14 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Canvas and Zoom. After you register, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” prompting you to click a link to finish setting up your Canvas account. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date, including links to access the live sessions.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer
- A webcam
- Microphones/speakers are not required as a call in option is available
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.