Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Math Refresher for Water and Wastewater Operations
Course Code: EO0106CA24
Date: February 7, 2024
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm EST
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way New Brunswick , NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: In Person
Registration Fee: $275 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $235 per person (2 or more registrants)price per person
NJLWO Discount Fee: $137.50 per person (T, W, or VSWS Licenses ONLY)
Registration Closes: January 31, 2024
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Operations personnel face math problems on the job every day. This training course is designed to build confidence in the understanding of basic mathematics and problem solving for water and wastewater operators. In a relaxed setting, students are encouraged to draw on workplace experience and common sense to improve their basic math skills and to learn to solve math-related problems that occur daily in the workplace.
Students will learn how to use formulas and will complete practice problems in the following areas:
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Area/Volume Calculations
- Metric Conversions
- Weight/Volume Relationships
- Velocity & Flow Rate Calculations/Conversions
Who Should Attend?
This class has been developed to strengthen the math skills of professionals working in the fields of drinking water and wastewater treatment. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Managers
- Operations Supervisors
- Pump Station Supervisors
- Sewer Equipment Operators
- System Maintenance Foremen
- Wastewater and Drinking Water Operators
Meet Your Instructors
Joseph F. Bonaccorso
Joseph Bonaccorso, formerly the Superintendent of the Joint Meeting of Essex and Union Counties, 85 million gallon per day Wastewater Treatment and Collection Facilities in Elizabeth, NJ, is a licensed operator holding top level New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) licenses in Wastewater Collection System Operation, Wastewater Treatment Operation, and Industrial Wastewater Treatment Operation, with over 30 years operating experience. He has taught Water and Wastewater Treatment classes for the certification of operators since 1984, holds certification in Adult Continuing and Vocational Education from the State of New Jersey Department of Education, and is an approved NJDEP course instructor.
William Mitchell, Jr.
William Mitchell, Jr.’s professional experience includes 32+ years of experience with Trenton Water Works and 2+ years at CME Associates. He holds the following licenses: NJDEP T4 license for water treatment, NJDEP W-4 license for water distribution, and PA A-1 license for water treatment. His educational background includes a B.S. degree in Biology with minors in Chemistry and Psychology from the College of New Jersey and a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from Drexel University.
“Excellent refresher, especially if preparing for a licensing exam.”
– Past Participant
“Every topic was very useful.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned] How to break down math problems for easier solutions.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Math Refresher for Water and Wastewater Operations course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 6 Technical Contact Hours
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-010104-30)
PA Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 Recertification Hours
No breakfast will be provided. Lunch will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Math Refresher for Water and Wastewater Operations, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.