Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Video Inspections of Sanitary Sewers
Course Code: EO0304CA20
Date: October 24 & 25, 2019
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm (Check-in time: 8:00am)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program will introduce the attendee to the capabilities and limitations of video inspections and the importance of detailed documentation of all inspections of sanitary, storm, and combined sewer systems.
- Site Specific Information for Bidders
- Camera Setup and Deployment
- Using Pan and Tilt Cameras
- Processes and Procedures for Maintaining Records of Findings (including audio comments and sewer mapping)
- Sewer Rating System (i.e., NASSCO)
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for municipal workers and sewer contractors who want to learn video inspection techniques for evaluating sewer conditions. Past participants have included:
- DPW Superintendents
- Industrial and Municipal Operations Supervisors
- Project Engineers
- Sewer Inspectors
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
- Water Treatment Plant Supervisors
Meet Your Instructor
Course instructor Jim McGregor has been the “go to” guy on sewer inspections in NJ for years. Come learn from the best!
Most useful part of the course: “Grading system for condition of sewer pipes; can convey this information to co-workers so we all understand how to evaluate lines.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Jim McGregor: “Knowledge and passion of curriculum is probably unsurpassed in New Jersey.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Detailed description of real work scenarios.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Video Inspections of Sanitary Sewers was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 6 Technical, 6 Management Contact Hours
NJ Professional Engineers: 12 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NJ Wastewater Operators ONLY: 12 TCHs (Approval #01-090601-20)
NY Professional Engineers: 12 PDHs (NOTE: This class may not be used to fulfill the land surveyors continuing education requirement in NYS.)
PA Wastewater Operators ONLY: 12 Recert Hours
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be facilitated on the Canvas Virtual Platform. It is recommended that you access the course using a computer (desktop or laptop) with a high-speed internet connection. A built-in laptop microphone or external microphone can be used. You also have the option to call in to hear the live class. Webcams are optional. Kindly note that this training is best viewed using the Chrome web browser. Tablets can also be used. If you plan to access the course using a mobile device, you should download the Canvas app. Please review this link for information: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10567.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Video Inspections of Sanitary Sewers, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.